Monthly Population Affinity Web-Based Calls
Join the Texas HIV Syndicate in monthly web-based calls as they review data and identify implementable strategies for the populations most impacted by HIV in Texas.
The population affinity groups are shown below, along with the date and time of the first call and a Zoom link. You may be required to register when joining a call. See calendar for additional details.
Consider the prompts below in preparation for the October calls.
- Black gay and bisexual men who have sex with men, Mon., Oct. 7, 10:00-11:30 am CDT, To Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/136763121
- Transgender Women. Mon., Oct 7, 5:30-7:00 pm CDT, To Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/660912177
- Black women, Mon., Oct. 7, 12:00-2:00 pm. To Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/676339495 (with Special guest: Dr. Mandy Hill, DrPH, MPH, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Emergency Medicine, UT-Houston, McGovern Medical School)
- White gay and bisexual men who have sex with men. Wed., Oct. 9, 1:00-2:30pm CDT, To Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/225577363
Speaker: Speaker: Murray Penner, Executive Director at Prevention Access Campaign
Latinx gay and bisexual men who have sex with men. Friday, Oct. 11, 10:00-11:30 am. CDT, To Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/316036353
The efforts of these groups will inform the work of the TX HIV Syndicate and the Achieving Together movement through the lens of these populations. The Texas HIV Syndicate especially seeks to hear from people who are affected by HIV and who represent these groups.
STATEWIDE HEALTH EQUITY CALLS
Statewide health equity conference calls are held monthly.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/670852023
Phone Number: 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 670 852 023
- 9/16/19 – Texas Greater Than AIDS: Greater Than AIDS will share updated resources and campaigns available to Texans and discuss how they can be used to address HIV prevention and care goals.
- 10/21/19 – Mental Health or Providers: Elias Diaz will discuss the importance of addressing our own mental health needs while working towards addressing the needs of our communities.
- 11/18/19 – Technology and Public Health: Sammi Nesbit will share lessons learned and tools available for incorporating new technology into the work of public health.
- 12/16/19 – Intersections of Substance Use and Sexual Health: Speaker TBD
- 1/20/20 – Internalized Stigma, Homophobia, and Transphobia: Speaker TBD
TX HIV Syndicate Public Policy Workgroup
The TX HIV Syndicate Public Policy Workgroup occurs the last Wednesday of every month effective 8/28/2019 until 2/26/2020 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (UTC-06:00) Central Time. Where: https://zoom.us/j/177791519
Please see the APPLICATION page to review member criteria and download an application.