Health equity resources
The resources on this page focus on personal growth and understanding.
- Identify your implicit bias, the unconscious attitudes and beliefs you have on specific topics, using the Harvard Implicit Association Test (IAT).
- Understand how HIV risk can be reduced, what actions increase risk, and where you can find more information regarding ways to prevent HIV acquisition using the HIV Risk Reduction Tool.
- The CDC’s Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE) produces the Conversations in Equity blog devoted to increasing awareness of health inequities and promotion national, state, and local efforts to reduce health disparities and achieve health equity.
- Treat Me Right is a CDC campaign for healthcare providers and their patients that underscores the value of fostering a trusting patient-provider relationship and empowering patients to know what they can do to stay healthy.
ASK THE EXPERTS
- Dr. Camara Jones: Allegories on Race shares four allegories on “race” and racism. She hopes that these “telling stories” empower you to do something different, and that you will remember them and pass them on.
- What It Takes to Be Racially Literate: What tools are needed to understand race and intersectionality? What fundamental gaps exist in our understanding of racial literacy and how can we overcome them?